- Design, develop, and debug BIOS for internal/external systems and platforms that use AMD APU/CPU
- Participant in day-to-day BIOS development work using x86 assembly and C languages; will need
to interact with internal organizations, BIOS vendors, and partners.
- Design BIOS features required by AMD APU/CPU.
- Develop BIOS features for AMD new platforms crafted in house or externally;
sustain existing BIOS; debug BIOS and system related issues.
- Assist APU/CPU validation, platform validation, and debug engineers to develop/debug system and silicon issues.
- 5-10 years of experience in the x86 BIOS/UEFI development
- Experience with x86 CPU/APU architectures and associated compilation tools
- Expert in C language; knowledge of x86 assembly.
- Experience with platform bring-up.
- Familiar with at least one BIOS code base (AMI, Insyde, or Phoenix BIOS)
- Knowledge of ACPI, USB, NVMe, SATA, PCIe and other PC industry standard
- Knowledge of low-level protocols including I2c, I3c, SPI, eSPI, UART, etc. is expected
- Hands on experience with hardware debugging tools like AMD HDT, ITP, Arium, etc.
- Able to read and interpret hardware schematics.
- Experience with FPGA firmware is a plus.
- Hands on experience working with Reference Boards.
- Strong communication skills